10th AAMDC serves as USAREUR executive agent for all theater air and missile defense operations and air missile defense force management. The command helps to strengthen strategic ties while building partnership capacity for USAREUR, the U.S. European Command and NATO, integrating with joint and multinational partners in all aspects of air and missile defense for missions such as Patriots to Poland, the European Air Defense Task Force, NATO air missile defense operations in Turkey, and provides sensor management. The 10th's joint and multinational operations support of full-spectrum operations under the European Phased Adaptive Approach.
Mission: On order, 10th AAMDC deploys within the EUCOM area of responsiblity to conduct joint & multi-national AMD operations for USEUCOM as directed.
Strengthen strategic ties while building partnership capacity
– Multinational Partner engagement
- Patriot to Poland
- European Air Defense Task Force
- NATO Air Missile Defense
- Partnership events
– Sensor Management
Conduct joint and multinational operations in support of Full Spectrum Operations
– European Phased Adaptive Approach
Building strong Soldiers and strong Teams
– Strategic Communication
– Leader Development
– Family Readiness
The 10th AAMDC is manned, trained, and equipped to perform its Wartime and Garrison missions in support of the Commander, US Europe Command/ the Supreme Allied Command Europe and the Commander, US Army Europe with competent and proficient subject matter experts soundly integrated with our joint and multinational partners in all aspects of air and missile defense operations.
The 5-7 Air Defense Artillery provides command and control operations of Patriot Batteries and deploys on order. Provide air and missile defense operational and exercise planning for USAREUR and Seventh Army. Provide tactical training, certification and evaluation of subordinate PATRIOT Batteries.
The 11th Missile Defense Detachment provides early warning/surveillance and tracking of intercontinental and intermediate range ballistic missiles as part of the global ballistic missile defense system.
- Conducts sustained command post exercises to validate ALL communications mediums and exercise our joint kill chain responsibilities
- Assess and aggressively improves capabilities of our formation through modernization – equip ourselves and Soldiers
- Leverage institutional, organizational, and self development to achieve core competency subject matter experts – aggressive Leadership Development Program from SGT to MAJ
- Leverages joint and multinational training events to hone skills.
- Develops sound relationships/partnerships with our sister Services and international partners; promotes understanding of capabilities and limitations
- Empowers subordinate leaders (SGT-CPT) to train Soldiers on critical functions of Soldier readiness – shoot, move, communicate, save lives.